Post by Cecilia, Information Services Staff
I am so excited to share with you this adventure I embarked on last year. It’s called The X Page Workshop and it’s a 12-week workshop for immigrant women, facilitated by local writers Carrie Snyder, Tasneem Jamal, Pamela Mulloy, editor of the literary magazine The New Quarterly and Multicultural Theatre Space’s artistic director, Pam Patel among others. I participated in it last year, and now the workshop is looking for new participants!
Over those 12 weeks, you’ll write and polish with the amazing guidance of the writers/editors/mentors and other participants), a unique personal story. The writing process is done through exercises based on Lynda Barry’s X Page Exercise. And then, with the help of Pam Patel and other facilitators, you’ll get to perform it in a theatre at the end!
I am coming back as a mentor this year, and the registration is open now, check it out! It’s one of the most beautiful experiences I ever lived (and I did it virtually!) This year we are hoping to go back in person and I can’t wait for it to start! If you want to watch/read previous years’ stories and performances, click here!
Read More From Involved Writers
- Girl Runner | Carrie Snyder
- Where the Air is Sweet | Tasneem Jamal
- The Deserters | Pamela Mulloy
- Syllabus | Lynda Barry
Storytelling Books to Boost Your Skills
- Long Story Short | Margot Leitman
- Craft in the Real World: Rethinking Fiction Writing and Workshopping | Matthew Salesses
- Novelista: Anyone Can Wirte a Novel. Yes Even You | Claire Askew
- Damn Fine Story: Mastering the Tools of a Powerful Narrative | Chuck Wendig
Have questions? Want more recommendations?
Call: 519-743-0271 | TTY: 1-877-614-4832 | Email: email@example.com | Chat: kpl.org